Support our sponsor: Bluescreek Farm Meats & Market 8120 US 42 N Plain City 614-504-6605
Weather Policy is also listed on the Rules Page
Our Weather Policy is listed below:
The safety of our players, parents, and volunteers is of the highest importance to the Showcase. In the event that lightning is sighted or the threat of severe weather is in the area, the following procedures will be used for clearing the fields and resuming play:
1. If severe weather is approaching the area, the Tournament Director and/or Field Marshall will be notified
2. The Referee Coordinator will be responsible for communicating to the Referees to clear the fields after a decision has been made about the approaching severe weather. At this time, everyone must proceed to their cars. No one will be permitted to go under a tree, tent or in a shelter.
3. Players will not return to the field until the coaches have been notified by the Tournament Director to do so.
4. During the weather delay, the Tournament Director will consult with the Tournament Committee to assess the impact of the delay and determine the changes necessary to resume play. The following changes will be considered:
a. Shorten games.
b. Terminate any game in progress.
c. Cancel any or all games if necessary. The tournament organizing committee, Jonathan Alder High School or Plain City is not responsible for expenses incurred by cancellation of games.
6. Once the lightning/severe weather has passed, the Tournament Director and/or Referee Coordinators will be responsible for communicating the “all clear” signal to the referees and any game format changes. The Referee Coordinators will also be responsible for communicating to the Referees for subsequent impacted games, any changes to the game format TIES:Ties will not be broken.
Pioneer Soccer Showcase
Matt Evans, Showcase Director
If you are interested in having tourneycentral.com produce your
tournament, check us out here.